Monday, August 22, 2011

A new school year prayer

The 2011-2012 school year begins this week.  Beginning of school, such an exciting and nutty time isn't it?  I have some prayers for this year.

For my sweet Dillon who started 2nd grade this year:   healing from his communication disorder so he can speak clearly, a friend who will invite him over to play, a teacher who advocates for him and pushes him to reach his potential and doesn't accept the "I can'ts" 

Abby starts 5th grade Wednesday:  for a continued love for school and learning(she was begging me to let her go to school today!), for no tween girl ickiness to start, for no identity issues related to adoption--that she will remain comfortable in who she is--a beloved daughter of the King of the world, and our Korean Kong-ju(princess), that even right now, God is growing up a sweet boy to be her husband one day

Carter begins his Sophomore year of highschool:  for him to grow to be a man of integrity-who chooses the path of righteousness, for continued musical skills to thrive, for more order and maturity in being responsible for his school work, for a new friend at school to take the place of his best friend who moved.

Hudson:  Well, poor little man wishes he was going to school so badly.  He says "me big, what about me school?".  He doesn't realize it yet, but he and mommy will have one last sweet year together.  I'll  not lack for entertainment, that is for sure.  His favorite cartoon is "fun-Bob, scare-pants," he sings Jingle Bells all the time, he wants to read so badly and asks what everything says. 

Mike:  It's been a stressful summer with the new secondary building being built.  God has blessed and provided many more students than we had in May.  My our sweet Christian school be a light in the community, a testimony to the Lord and His faithfulness.  May Mike slow down, enjoy the opportunity to shape young minds and hearts to be servant leaders.

For myself:  I'm taking it a bit slower and only taking 10 hrs August through December.  I've decided on the grad school I want to attend and will apply in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment