Tuesday, August 16, 2011

20th year reunion dilemna

I was going to post about 2 important adoption events coming up, but that can wait a few days.  Here's the dilemna:  I got info for my 20yr class reunion today.  UGH.  I graduated in 91.  Not a close class.  In fact, I don't talk to or visit with a single person I graduated high school with on a regular basis.  If not for Facebook, I wouldn't have a clue where most of them live.  Don't misread me, I didn't have a terrible time or dislike my classmates.  It was typical late 80's early 90's teenager life-- Def Leopard, Bon Jovi, Depeche Mode, big fried hair, rolled jeans, MC Hammer pants, and lovely other styles.  We cruised the main street in our town, singing with Information Society tapes and such.  I had a group of down right hilarious friends.  We could quote every word to the Sarah Jessica Parker movie "Girls Just Want To Have Fun."  But, here I am 20 years later.  All grown up and done with teen angst(believe me, I had plenty of it!).  I love my life now and have zero desire to go try to catch up with people I haven't seen in many years.  Plus, the weekend is is planned for is the same time as Kairos, the freedom ministry conference at Gateway Church that I've been really wanting to attend.
  Oh, I'd love to bring my gorgeous hunk of a husband and darling kids to show off!  But, is there going to be a hole in my life if I don't attend my 20th reunion??  Help me out here people.  If you didn't attend, and you have issues now, please message me :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can minister through the reunion or just send your regrets with a link to your blog :) I didn't even attend Prom, and I don't think there was anything life changing that would have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old girlfriend encouraged me to go with her (Chad was in India) so we went, laughed, and danced the night away to all our favorites from 1991! The biggest laugh was meeting people I NEVER knew in high school ( I graduated with a class of 905).

    So...did I have a good time? Sure. Did it change me in some profound way...NO. And I missed my husband terribly!!

    So go/don't go it will just be a small blip on your radar of life! Ha!

    ReplyDelete