Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homecoming

Big day Friday.  It all began with a long planned outing.  Shopping with Wendi(minus children!) at our favorite thrift store.  I found lots of bargains including matching halloween costumes for Hudson, Dillon and myself  and a few items that are my kids favorite brands(including Justice and American Eagle).  Then we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  I haven't hung out with a friend in a long time and enjoyed it immensely. 
That afternoon we had Homecoming Pep Rally.  Abby performed with the ribbon squad.  It was very sweet.  We went to the game that night.  Here is Carter and his best friend since 2nd grade.  Joel is a kind, level headed, super strong Christian boy and we love him to death.   Before Carter cut his hair short they looked a lot alike.
Carter let a girl in his class wear his football jersey to the game.  She is affected by Aspergers and has social awkwardness.  She had been sad that nobody invited her to Homecoming and Carter heard about it.  He's not a perfect kid for sure, but has grown up with a brother with special needs and is sensitive to that kind of thing.  It made the girl's day!


Here is Dillon "helping" to hold the run through banner.




And here is crazy lil munchkin eating some candy.  Notice the caking of tiny white sugar beading.  I don't have a pic, but Hudson also helped himself to eating some dirt.  He is quite the celebrity at the games and I think Carter has learned that carrying around Hudson serves as a good chic magnet ;)

Abby looked so pretty in her ribbon squad outfit.  Notice the cool football ribbon.  Yes, I libby--hater of crafts--made a darling homecoming bow for her to wear!


  Me and the Korean contingency left early.  Hudson got a couple of little bites on him.  I haven't posted about this but we went to the allergist last week.  He is fairly certain that Hudson's severe allergic reaction was to fireants.  We are now carrying an Epi-Pen.  I have to admit, this has me a bit freaked out.  How in the world am I supposed to make sure a very very active toddler boy doesn't get into fireants, which are everywhere in Texas?  So, I probably over-reacted  when I saw 2 little bites on him and whisked him home "just in case."
AND.....because it is fall in Texas and allergies are rampant from Ragweed, this is how Dillon ends the night.
Did ya read his pj's?  Very appropriate!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun! Love the jersey story!! I started laughing out loud when you said me & the Korean contingency...that's hilarious!!! Sorry about Hudsons allergy. The nebulizer for Dillon looks wayyyy too familiar:(

    ReplyDelete