Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stark realization

In exactly 4 years from now, we will be driving our eldest son to college!  We have 4 years left with him, that's it.  He starts highschool the 19th.  I remember, in vivid detail, beginning highschool.  I'd worked as a nurse aide all summer at a nursing home and saved money for school clothes.  I bought lots of cool clothes(including red MC Hammer pants!).  The first day of my freshman year I put on a white miniskirt, royal blue shirt, and sandals.  I'd worked hard on getting my doodoo rolls in my hair to curl just right.  I walked a few blocks to meet up with my friend and walked the last 2 blocks to the school.  What a terrifying, yet exhilerating feeling.  It passes so quickly my friends.  Don't wish the time away you young mommas out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment