Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adoption mythbuster

First off, you all may get tired of me talking about orphans, the poor, adoption and such all the time.  That is really the main purpose of this blog, so, if you stop by often you'll see posts about it often :)

A friend of mine said something that sparked an idea for a few posts.  She was talking about how people always assume that she and her husband are fostering/adopting because of infertility.  That is such a  huge imperception out there. 

Myth 1
    Adoption is for people who are infertile

Truth
  Adoption is for any person who feels called to care for children needing a home, regardless of fertility status.  It is a beautiful way to build a family.  Not a Plan B, an escape hatch for those who "can't have their own(dont even get me started on that phrase!!!!!)"

God tells his people in James 1:27  Pure religion is this, to take care of orphans and widows in their distresss.  It doesn't say "pure religion is this, for only infertile people or Angelina Jolie to take care of orphans..." 

In a few days I'll post about another common myth.....you have to be rich to adopt.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your adoption posts. THat is what I come here for (oh, and to see your four adorable kids too;-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny you put the bit about Angelina Jolie. There is a baby onesie that says "Back off Angelina, I'm already taken" on either Adoptionbug.com or My crazy adoption blog. I still crack up about that!

    ReplyDelete