Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to school and getting normal

The kids are officially back in school.  Abby and Carter started last Wednesday.  Carter began 9th grade and Abby 4th grade.

Ahh, to be in 4th grade--how fun!
I never worry about Abby and Carter starting school.  They are happy and love being there.  With Dillon, I worry.  He doesn't handle changes well.  I worry about him having troubles at school and not being able to communicate clearly.  I worry about kids being mean to him.  I worry that he is unhappy and feeling frustrated because he can't do the work.  Basically, I worry!  We were fairly certain he'd have the same teacher again this year as she moved up to first grade.  Surprise!  We don't have her.  We have a sweet new teacher and bless Dillon's heart, her name is Rivera.  Can you imagine having an articulation disorder and trying to say the name Rivera?!!!  She sure seems sweet though.

Hudson wants to go to school.  A bus passed us this morning and he said "I ride that bus!"  No doubt, he will run into school and never look back when it is his time.  Hudson and I had a good morning.  I decided that with all the crap I've been through lately, I deserve a little shopping therapy.  I went to Old Navy and got a few sale items, including cute bronze sandals that Hudson said were "Cute!"  As for my body, I'm feeling half way normal today and look forward to being as normal as I get ;)

And a thanks to my sweet friend Jessica for cheering me up with these

No comments:

Post a Comment