Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer

So here are our kids with my 2 neices on Mike's side of the family in Nana's lush yard.  I worked all weekend of the 4th.  The hospital was a zoo and I'm still sore from turning and caring for overweight patients on the ventilator.  The good news is that I got time and a half AND weekend differential!  Whhooooohhooo!
Mike and the kids spent Saturday at his mom's in the country.  They had an old fashioned 4th complete with tons of food, home-made peach cobbler and firecrackers.



The youngun's always put on a show on Nana and Papa's big front porch. 



And just cause she's adorable, here's my sister's little girl Aspen.

What is the best thing about summer??

For me:  a dip in the pool substitutes for a bath

no school lunches to make

I don't have to make sure there are clean uniforms ready

Daddy is home a lot more

We leave for the lakehouse Thursday morning.  My whole family will be there with bazillion of children.  Should be interesting!  The awesome thing about this years lakehouse(my parents rented it from vrbo.com)--it has a hot-tub!  I see the kids in bed and me in the hot-tub :)


1 comment:

  1. I guess the 4th was bad for all hospitals. Our L and D was nuts too - lots of firecracker babies! I was playing nurse at home, though, which was easier. Mike had surgery on his wrist, but he did very well so it was a nice quiet weekend - the kids were at my mom's. Have fun at the lakehouse - your FB friends expect pics!

    ReplyDelete