Sunday, July 18, 2010

Great starter....bad finisher

I'm one of those types of people who has great enthusiasm for new ideas.  I get all fired up and declare that "from  now on......" and then fill in my new goal.  As I've said before, I'm a first born, bossy, know-it-all, type A, goal setter and a bit of a perfectionist.  I have grown enough to realize that I'm terrible at finishing strong.




Remember my running in the mornings-- not done!  Hey, I am walking 2 miles a few days a week.  Take my Radical Experiment(if you don't know what I'm talking about, click Radical) for example.  As for the giving up fast food, I've done really quite well.  I've only bought fast food twice since late May.  Yes, we have taken our family out to eat a few times though.  As for giving sacrificially to the needs of the poor, not done it(other than our monthly Compassion Intl girl we sponsor).  As for praying everyday for the nations, totally fell off the bandwagon.  I'm not proud of this attribute.  I want to change it.  Here is my new goal.  I just finished listening to Dave Workman(author of our favorite book Outward Focused Life) preaching last Sunday.  He interviewed a man who made a habit of not complaining, criticizing, or gossiping.  It took  9months of concious effort to get to where he doesn't do those 3 things.  So, I want to start today.  I'm going to wear a bracelet to remind me of my efforts(yes, I've done the Beth Moore blue bracelet thing where you practice living by faith--fell off that one too!).  I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, you can't have the bad finisher attribute cause I'm the poster child for it! However, if your are serious, check out http://www.acomplaintfreeworld.org/ it is an incredible site and project.

    ReplyDelete