Saturday, July 3, 2010

Can't wait for October 1

                                            


Ooooh, I'm so excited!!!!!  A huge adoption/orphancare conference is coming to Austin Texas and I'm going along with my friends who are adopting from Nepal!!  YIPPEEEE.   The theme of the conference  is “The Gospel, the Church, and the Global Orphan Crisis.” I believe God will do great things through this conference.  Anyone out there attending? We are hoping to start an adoption/orphancare ministry at our church with the tools we receive at the conference.  We also will attend a breakout session about the number of orphans that end up as human trafficking victims.

Why is this necessary?
Did you know there are 145million children in the world with no  parents?  Can you really even fathom 145 million kids, alone??
Orphans are more vulnerable and at risk of becoming victims of violence, exploitation, trafficking, discrimination, or other abuses.vi
Within two years of leaving a Russion orphanage-~15% of all orphans have committed suicide while another 60% are involved in criminal activity (gangs, drugs, prostitution)
70% of homeless mothers who were in the US Foster Care system as a child have at least one of their own children in foster care. 
A church that learns to love beyond the borders of biology will learn to do mission outside the borders of geography.  Dr. Russell Moore

 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life at just the right time to encourage and challenge me! I am truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to go to this!!! Did you see that there is a Karen Purvis seminar the day before? If we haven't gone to Korea by then I will try to go to the conference. Brad has a conference the same weekend, but hopefully it will work out!
    JessicaCo

    ReplyDelete