Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I've missed Thankful Thursday for several weeks. Something happened today to remind me of how thankful I am. I just opened the mail to find a surprise donation to our adoption. Some dear friends who we've known since I was a teenager totally floored me with the card and check. I was just writing in my prayer journal this morning that I was so excited to see how God was going to provide for our plane tickets. I know He will do it! I talked with my 401K rep today and discovered that I can borrow against my 401K for only 4.25%. The payback will be deducted from my check at work. This way, we won't be paying on a credit card(hate credit cards!). AND, the interest is essentially paid back to me. Win win situation. So here is my thankful list today:

God's faithful provision
My job with benefits
That my husband encouraged me to finish nursing school when I gave birth to Carter on Friday and returned to school on Tuesday--in my last semester of nursing school
Air conditioner is fixed, it was broken last week --it's 98 degrees in good ole Texas today!
I got to play Twister and Hide N Seek with my kids today
That the mail will come tomorrow. PLEASE Lord, let our approval from immigration come tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for:
    Praying friends and family.
    A husband who loves to plan and save and has enormous faith.
    Healthy kids!

    ReplyDelete