Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More amazing generosity

I don't want to embarrass them so I'm not going to say names, but 2 wonderful people in the last 3 days have really blown us away with gifts to help with Hudson's adoption. One gave us the most lavish donation, I'm so grateful! One is organizing a huge garage sale with her friends to raise money! HE's gonna provide!! Honestly, I'm not too worried. I mean, it is hard not to stress out about expenses. I got canceled at work this past Sunday due to low census, that makes 2 shifts I've lost in June. We still owe some on Carter's hospital bill and haven't even gotten the bill from the first ER that transfered him to the Children's hospital. When I think about buying 3 round-trip tickets to Korea, my human mind can't begin to see how we will pay for that 5000.00 trip. BUT, we don't serve a human God who makes sense to us!! AND, I don't want this blog to be about money! It is about the amazing adventure our family has and is and will be on. So many people use expense as the excuse to not be involved in whatever it is God is calling them too: adoption, mission trips, giving to ministries, etc. I never ever ever want to blame my lack of stepping out in obedience and faith on lack of money. In "The Blessed Life" by Robert Morris( truly a life changing book!!!), he says Money that is submitted to God and His purposes has the Spirit of God on it-which is why it multiplies and cannot be consumed by the devourer.
I'm praying that the 2 people mentioned above will see Luke 6:38 come true because of their generous hearts.
Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you. Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment