Monday, October 28, 2013

Having fun making memories


All I can really say is I'm Blessed!  Saturday Mike and I went out for my birthday while little Miss Abigail deftly took care of the little boys for us.  We perused some art at my favorite world-class art museum.  Then we downed plates of delicious Cuban/Mexican food.  The rice was full of black beans and reminded me so much of my week in Nicaragua.  Man that country stole my heart.  Church yesterday was wonderful!  Carter is part of the worship band now and you can't imagine what it feels like to see your teenage son up on stage playing and singing.  Then I snoozed 2 hours on the couch, while the lame Cowboys played!!  After I woke up, we decided "Why not?"  and we tore off the butcher block laminate back splash.  Truly, the place looks brighter already.  We have big plans of installing subway tiles ourselves.  

Tonight we carved a pumpkin.  Mike is a great carver.  The boys loved watching.  We baked the seeds.


To top off our fun, I pulled Hudson's first tooth.  The four front teeth are porcelain caps because he joined our family with severe baby bottle rot.  That cap was tenacious and has been a work in progress for about 2 months.  Mike was adamant we not pull it out until school pics were done.  They were done this morning.  So, dental floss and a yank...it flew.  Hudson is running around the house in his underwear saying "I'm SO happy!!!"


I'm just so stinkin' blessed.  My home is full of noises and laughter and "firsts", like loosing a tooth, for many years to come. Nana gave the kids Halloween treats that I've been stealing the past 2 days!  Our family is healthy and happy.  What a sweet miracle.

1 comment: