Monday, September 9, 2013

We are headed to see Jen!

My friend Meredith and I got tickets to see Jen Hatmaker in 2 months!!  Whoohoo.  We are so pumped.  I'll drive several hours to Mer's house, spend the night...likely talk til late(which is about 10pm in my book), and the next day we will drive to the place where Jen (my twin sister, I've never met) will be speaking.  And herein lies the dilemma....what does one wear to hear Jen Hatmaker speak?  Really this is a bit bothersome to me.  On the one hand, I want to connect.  You never know when opportunity comes knocking on your door.  What if I wear my "147 Million Orphans....Feed 1" shirt or maybe my A21 Human Trafficking awareness T-shirt that says "Unlock Freedom", and Jen spots me from the crowd, and then wants to chat, and then likes me so much, and then we hit it off, and then she invites me to speak and write alongside her???   Ohhh, that would just be awesome.  But, on the other hand, I don't want to be "that" woman.  You know, the one who tries way to hard and looks obnoxious.  She'd spot me from the stage and silently sigh, thinking, "there's another one...trying too hard."  What to wear??

1 comment: