Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ignorance was bliss but not anymore...Kale Chips

My class is making me paranoid.  Right now is biochemistry and pathophysiology of cellular damage.  She keeps mentioning polyunsaturated fats aka PUFAs, saturated fats, free radicals, high blood sugars, high salt diets, antioxidants and on and on.  I don't think I'll be eating red meat for a looooong time!  My poor kids are now taking daily vitamins with omega 3 and 6 in them.  I'm really trying to make more plant-based meals (and not canned veggies).  My  youngest sister and her hubby are plant-based eaters and give me tips. My friend, Claudia, told me about the jewel pictured below...

Kale Chips...O....MY...Goodness!  Delish and so easy.  Tear off the stem, tear into smaller size pieces, toss in a bowl with a little salt and some olive oil, bake at 400 for about 10 minutes and you have little crunchy treats that nearly dissolve in your mouth.  You are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I just found these too and love them! Now if I can just get my kids to like them ;-)

    ReplyDelete