Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer fun

Dillon playing baseball.  His team is the Texas Rangers!  He, of course, is number 5(Ian Kinsler).  Dillon loves being part of a team.  He understands what to do and tries hard.  A few weeks ago at practice he must have swung at 15 pitches.  He patiently kept at it.  I was cheering for him and afterwards he said "I trying"

Here are Abby and her best friend for the last several years.  This was at a friends's home for the 5th grade end of the year party.  Best sundae bar ever!
 Here is Abby receiving her character award from her teacher.  She got cheerfulness.  Look at her--can you see why??!  I love her face.  Oh, they aren't wearing their uniforms because it was class party day and they got to wear "normal" clothes, as Abby called it.

And here is Mister big shot himself, at swim lessons.  He loves it.  He tries sooooo hard!  As Nana said, if he can't do something, he will die trying.  That boy is super determined.  I can't help but wonder if that doesn't stem from being born too early and being in the hospital the first 2 months of life with no parents cheering him on to health. He had to be a fighter.
 Here he is under water.
 And here is my sweet, handsome lil fish.  Dillon jumps off the diving board with flair :)

I'm home alone.  Mike is at a conference.  Carter is learning to be a student leader at Super Summer. The 3 younger ones are at Nana's again, finishing up swim lessons.  It is too quiet here! Tomorrow night I'm going to chill with Susie. As for now, I'm about to dive into a bowl of Thai noodles.  Oh, if anyone of you who live near me like Thai, we have the BEST  little Thai restaurant near here.  Ask me and I'll steer you there.

1 comment:

  1. I love Thai. Ilove nights alone!!! Love the pics!! The kids are so sweet:) You think I need to go to bed as I am writing like a fifth grader?

    ReplyDelete