Friday, June 15, 2012

my kids have the best grandparents ever

Sorry all you other grandparents, but my kids have the best ones ever--and on both sides!!  No contest.  This week and next, the little boys are taking swim lessons in the country.  Nana and PaPa, along with Grandma(their greatgrandmother) shuttle the boys back and forth each day and then keep them all week.  This is a family tradition since Carter was 5yrs old.  The same lady has taught every grandchild to swim.  Hudson is fantastic.  He is the smallest and youngest in the class, but the best.  He tries sooooo hard!  Here he is when we left the other day.  Pooped!  Dillon is doing great too and loves jumping off the diving board. I haven't downloaded all the pics from the real camera yet.  I'll post swimming pics soon. When they aren't swimming, they play Uno and matching a million times with Nana and Grandma--and almost always beat them! They also read lots and lots of books, basically, all the things I don't really like doing. The kids need someone who enjoys that kind of stuff.


 
Then, there is my side.  Every summer my mother keeps sets of grandkids(she has 9 so it takes a stretch of weeks) for Ma Camp.  Abby and her cousin Maddie are the same age.  They are having Ma Camp this week. Basically, during Ma Camp, the kids do whatever they desire!  Abby and Maddie shopped, ate at CiCi's---alone like big kids--got manicures, and best of all, they sewed pillowcase sundresses to be sent to children living in orphanages in Africa.  My mom and dad have both been to Africa before and are trying to figure out a way to go back and serve in an orphanage for a month or so. This project was a great way for the girls to learn to sew and show love in a tangible way. 


Pillow case dress

We are so dang blessed to have grandparents that are not only near physically, but also relationally!  I don't remember having that with my grandparents.  Our children are really lucky.

1 comment: