Friday, July 24, 2009

She's done lost it!!

Yep, that's me, the crazy lady beating her head against the wall! I can't take it anymore, gonna lose it. I've heard from several other Korean adoptive families that this last step took 3 weeks. When we were in process for Abby, it was excrutiating and everything took forever. It was so hard emotionally that one particularly rough day, Mike chopped down a little tree in our backyard while I cried and beat my pillow!! Dillon's process was super fast. It was so fast that we joke Korea was really ready to send him over here :) I've been great this whole process---until about 5 days ago! I can't plan anything(and let's just say next to my husband, my calender spends the most time with me). The start of school is looming ahead. Abby's 9th birthday is the end of August. Do we plan a party or plan on being in Korea? Do we have it early, like in 2 weeks, just in case we are traveling quicker? We skipped Korean Heritage Camp in Tulsa because we just knew we'd have a brand new family member and staying away from home in a hotel with a 20months old wasn't a good idea. So, this week our precious Dillon Korea friends are living it up at camp--without us! AAAHHHH. Really, this is making me nuts. I know I know, we knew all this when we signed up for this rollercoaster and it will all be so worth it and a distant memory soon. And, to be completely honest, it hasn't been all that long. We first read about Hudson and God planted our love for him in our hearts only 5 months and 4 days ago. In the adoption world, that isn't very long! I think the hardest part is his age. Since he was a waiting child, we didn't find out about him until he was 15months old. Now, with 20month milestone in 3 more days, it is soooooo hard! He isn't a little baby. He is a little boy who needs to come home and learn who his real family is.
Okay, enough whining. Just having a little pity party. I feel better.

1 comment:

  1. go ahead had have a reall good pity party even though it won't change a thing except make you feel better!!!

    I'm still praying you get that speedy miracle and it won't be 3 more weeks--so hold fast!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete