Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nothing new on our progress

No, we still don't have our immigration approval. I don't know when we will get to go to Korea. We are taking each day at a time and trusting our sovereign God to take care of the details. By now Hudson is likely too big for the diapers I bought(size 4). I'll exchange them. I know he is soaking up precious time with his foster family, learning more and more Korean, exploring Seoul riding on his foster mother's back and eating delicious bulgogi, kimchee, rice, mandoo, and lots of hot bean paste!! Hmmm, he is likely a chop sticks pro by now :)
As for us, we are working, doing some clean up and to do lists. Mike stained our back fence, and fixed Abby's ceiling fan. Yesterday he cooked strawberry cupcakes with Abby and Dillon. Dillon was convinced it was my birthday and announced Happy Birthday when I got home last night! Carter is gearing up for junior high football practices to start. We cleaned out his closet and under his bed today--scary!! Dillon is hyper-man and keeps us laughing. He got a new silver cap on a tooth and thinks it is super pretty!!
We have almost all our gifts to take to Korea. I had a silver locket engraved with Hudson's Korean name and birthday on it for his foster mother. Abby is making a scrapbook for her foster mother. She wrote her a letter and our friend translated it into Korean. It is so sweet. It says "I miss you so much. I've been waiting to visit for a long time. I love school cause in the summer I get bored. I like to play with my friends and jump rope. Love JooMee(her given Korean name)." I just love it and I know her foster mother will shed some tears when she sees the big almost 9 year old. When we left Korea with Abby, her foster mother handed her to me and we got in the cab to drive away. We watched her foster mother and father cry as they waved goodbye to their 42nd foster baby! What a memory and now, 8.5yrs later, we will see them again. UGH, come on stupid US immigration--you are making me crazy!!!!!!!!!!
On the great financial newsfront, we have 4000.00 raised towards our trip! What a wonderful blessing. We just need a little bit more and we will be able to pay for our tickets completely with no debt. THANK YOU everyone for prayers, encouragement, and gifts. We are super amazed at God's faithful provision.
One more thing, my sister's foster baby(truly the most gorgeous baby girl in the world--I can't show you her pic since she is still in the foster system) turns 1 very soon!! I can't imagine our family without her. Since day one in my sister's home, baby J has been "our baby" to everyone in my family. If you've ever wondered about fostering the approx 200,000 children in US foster system, please go for it!! Fostering isn't for YOU it is for the wonderful children who are innocent and never ever deserved to have their lives turned upside down and taken to a stranger's home. My sis and her husband give a glimpse of what a loving family should be to these children.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm praying for your trip to happen soon!

    ReplyDelete