Sunday, June 15, 2014

learning to chill a bit

This summer, the Lord has really impressed upon me to slow down and relax a bit. I'm not a relaxed kind of person. It is super hard for me to sit still. The theme that keeps running through my head the last several weeks comes from Psalm 39:4 Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life"  It is no secret that I'm a driven, busy person always looking for the next challenge and burning the candle at both ends. I'm learning how fast this life goes by. Suddenly, I am middle age with gray wiry hair sticking out like antennas. Don't get me wrong, I'm in great physical shape and young still. But, most likely, half my life is over (sounds a little Debbie Downer). My kids are growing like crazy and I'll never have a baby or toddler in this house again (until I have boatloads of grandkids or if the Lord has a funny sense of humor and calls us to adopt again!).  What I want to do is make the days slower, more relaxing, more enjoyable. I want to weed out the busyness that is not useful. Playing in the wave pool at our local splash park is suddenly about the most fun thing I can do! Summer 2014 is going to be the summer I enjoy long days of sun and not having to drive kids off to school everyday. Things like growing our own squash...now THAT is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment