Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's June!

And it's hot.  But, summer has begun and we are trying to have a fun time. Abby and I channeled our inner Duggar family this week by staying home all day, didn't go anywhere for entertainment. We played trains on the floor, ate lunch up in the boys' fort, hung laundry out on the clothesline....and...drumroll....we made home-made laundry soap!  Oh yes we did. Abby worked so hard shaving a bar of old fashioned laundry soap so we could mix it in our big bucket of Super Washing Soda and Borax. I'm really excited to see if it last a year, like the blogger who posted it on Pinterest claims it will. We also made a savings jar for a trip to Gulf Shores next summer and a "I'm bored" jar for Hudson. It has lots of folded pieces of paper with fun things for him to do when he starts whining that he is bored. We made supper from scratch and oatmeal cookies.  It was a wonderful day and reminded me that I'm happiest when I'm home and being frugal and productive.
Friday is a trip to the new water park. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment