Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

Sweet Christmas memories.  Somehow, it all seemed a little less excessive and stressful this year.  We kicked off our family party marathon at Mike's grandmother's home.  Here are the cousins together.  



Here are Grandma's amazing pies!  I saw a wonderful idea in an old house that I'm planning on replicating.  They took their grandmother's prize winning pie recipe and put it in a shadow box along with some related memorabilia.  When I inquired about her recipe, Grandma dug out a yellowed and faded handwritten pecan pie recipe that she wrote in home ec class in high school--about 67 years ago!!  She still uses it to cook.
 We love going out to the country for some fresh air and pretty scenery

The next day was my side of the family's party at Melody's home.  Below is the littlest grandkid...7months old Nora.  Shoot that child is ADORABLE!

All the grands so far....there will likely be a couple more in the years to come.  My crazy parents are the ones photodiving behind them.




I worked Christmas day so we had our family Christmas time the morning of Christmas Eve...Santa knows mommy works at the hospital ;)



I let Hudson and Dillon wrap presents this year.  You really can't see the full effect of how much tape Hudson used!

That evening, we went to our church's Vintage Christmas service for the first time. We played hookie and skipped my aunt's Christmas party...felt so guilty missing it for the first time in 20 years and yet we enjoyed our church so very much!   Our church is friendly, fun, funky, and so sweet.  Happy Birthday Jesus(even though the Bible does not say when you were actually born).  What a sweet gift of salvation and forgiveness through Jesus Christ!
On Christmas Day, I took care of sick people and ate 1500 cookies.  Mike took the children to his mom's home.  They had a great time, but apparently the camera was dead.  Drat!  I have no pictures of that time. Sorry Nana!

And, it is over, for one more year.   Can't say that I'm sad.  On to a new year....new budgets to write(and not really follow)...new exercise goals to write(and only follow for about 2 months)...new To Do lists to post on the fridge...new calenders to fill in.  I love New Year organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment