Friday, July 12, 2013

Mike's vacation days

Mike has had a few weeks off(well, he still answers lots of texts, phone calls, and emails regarding school business, but technically, he's been off work a few weeks).  This man has been so hard at work.  He is loving piddling around our house and fixing things up(and there is a lot to fix up!). Funny thing is, he has more of an eye for detail and placement and such.  Me, I truly couldn't care less.  I just hate clutter and mess.  Decorating, not a fan.  If left up to me, our walls would all be light tan(Nacho Libre anyone??) and we'd have sparse furniture and wall decor.  A huge project that we needed to do was the front porch and yard.  The previous owners let it grow wild and weedy.  It was a huge undertaking and mess.  He pulled up all the weeds, laid an area of flagstone for our beloved swing, planted drought resistant plants and laid a ton of mulch.  So nice!

Yesterday he painted the hall bath.  It was a dingy, pinkish cream color.  He gave it a fresh and clean off white.  It looks so nice and bright.


Last night he hung up the boys' letters.  They'd been sitting on the shelf since we moved in, as if they'd hang themselves up.  I've not been full of energy.  I think my schoolwork hanging over my head has sapped all extra oomph out of me.

One of my big to do's when the kids start school is to make a mini-mud room.  I've seen lots of these on Pinterest(oh Pinterest, I detest you because you are a contentment-robber, and yet I love you because any good idea I have is from you!).  I'm going to put some hooks for backpacks, some low shelves with bins for school stuff, and a lovely color-coded calender with the kids' school dates---Okay, that last one is likely never ever going to happen.


A random shout out to my Mother-in-law, Kathy---HAPPY BIRTHDAY(yesterday)!  We love you Nana, soooooooo much.  Truly, I don't know that I'd have survived the last 17 years as a working mama without you.
Okay, my Research and Stats book is looking at me and making me feel guilty for wasting time..off to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment